Knowledge in Developmental Steps
Helping children and their families build healthy lives
KIDS Clinic is a branch of the Health Connections Community Coalition supporting the wellbeing of families impacted by addiction but centered on recovery and dedicated to healthy child outcomes. This clinic brings together a host of disciplines to serve all the developmental needs of children at any age from birth to age 18, including the following assessments:
- Pediatric neurodevelopmental
- Speech and language
- Fine and gross motor development
- Psychosocial, emotional, and behavioral needs
- Academic skills
- Health and general development
- Family needs and strengths
Professionals partner with parents as a team dedicated to understanding the unique needs of each child and building the best possible plan to address those needs. Parents are connected not only to the map of services to meet their child’s needs but also to a navigator to guide them and assist with problem solving along the way. Our mission is to empower families in the service of supporting children impacted by substance use, whether it be exposure during pregnancy or in the developmental environment or both. We help parents help their children build healthy brains and bodies through healthy relationships early in their life. That’s the KIDS Clinic Healthy Connection.
In addition to assessment, the following services are available through the KIDS Clinic:
- Speech and language therapy
- Physical therapy
- Behavioral interventions
- Family therapy
- School consultation
KIDS Clinic is held once a month from 9:00-12:00 and no referral is necessary.
To make an appointment, please call (304) 429-3882
2021 5th Ave. West
Huntington, WV 25704
Early experiences impact brain and body development for a lifetime. Our mission is to help children build healthy brains and bodies through healthy relationships early in their life. The KIDS clinic is a child-centered branch of Healthy Connections and has been established to empower healthy families beyond addiction.
Who should come to the KIDS Clinic?
KIDS CLINIC FAQS
Where is the KIDS Clinic located?
- Families impacted by parental Substance Use Disorder who are ready to get on the road to family-focused recovery
- Families who are expecting a baby who may have been exposed to substances and want to plan for healthy development for their infants and children
- Families who have children that are at-risk for developmental issues resulting from SUD and who want their children to receive the best interventions to insure the healthiest development
- Families who have concerns about older children’s development or behavior
- Families who need a road map and guide on the way to healthier substance-free future.
The KIDS Clinic is located in the RV CARES building.
2021 5th Ave W, Huntington, WV 25704
When is the KIDS Clinic?
Who are the professionals that will be available for families to meet?
- The KIDS clinic is held one time per month from 9:00-12:00.
How do I make an appointment with the KIDS Clinic?
- Pediatric Neurologist
- Physical Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Social Worker
- Anyone can make a referral to the KIDS Clinic.
- No referral is needed.